The Service Seniors (Department of Senior Services)
- provides Luxembourg City residents with the Téléalarme personal alert service, which enables subscribers to make an emergency call simply by pressing a red button;
- provides information and guidance to senior citizens and their families;
- manages admissions applications for the Résidence Grande-Duchesse Joséphine-Charlotte (independent living facility located right in the city centre and surrounded by a lovely park);
- offers a very extensive range of activities for seniors;
- works together with Concept4 S.A to provide seniors with home help services such as maintenance or minor repairs inside or outside your home, or assistance in carrying out certain everyday tasks; and
- has launched a central helpline (Tel: 45 75 75) for senior citizens that is open 24/7, in collaboration with other organisations working in the senior services sector.
A comprehensive range of services, provided in a friendly environment. Check out our apartments and studios.
Activities for seniors
The Service Seniors organises a wide range of activities for seniors to meet people of the same age, expand their knowledge and participate in cultural events.
Admission to an assisted-living facility for seniors at Konviktsgaart is granted based on criteria set by the City of Luxembourg.
Assistance in daily life
Home amenities and services: single phone number for assistance, Téléalarme personal alert system, meals-on-wheels, indoor and/or outdoor home maintenance and m...
Fees at Konviktsgaart
Price and payment information.
Amenities and services to assist seniors in their daily lives and enable them to continue living at home as long as possible; care and residential infrastructur...
Monitoring and hydration assistance visits during heatwaves for at-risk individuals enrolled in the plan.
Home care services
To help senior citizens to stay in their own homes as long as possible, a range of services are available to them.
Ideas for outings and shopping
City events calendar, shopping and nightlife, activities for families and seniors
Indoor and outdoor maintenance and minor repairs
Do you need help with maintenance or minor repairs inside or outside your home, or in carrying out certain tasks? The City of Luxembourg offers an assistance se...
Konviktsgaart is a modern, welcoming and secure facility comprising 110 assisted living units. Whether they choose to stay in one of our apartments or studios, ...
Other housing for seniors
Three types of housing are available for senior citizens: independent living facilities, integrated centres for the elderly (CIPAs) and nursing homes. Each type...
Public long-term care insurance
Public long-term care insurance covers certain types of care and assistance services.
Repas sur roues (Meals-on-wheels)
A hot meal delivered to your home every lunch time from Monday to Saturday for people unable to prepare their own meals.
Useful numbers and links for senior citizens and users of the Téléalarme personal alert system during this difficult time.
Services provided at Konviktsgaart
Konviktsgaart offers a comprehensive range of services and facilities.
Single phone number
A single phone number to access the various services offered by the City of Luxembourg and accredited organisations: Tel.: 45 75 75
Téléalarme personal alert system
Emergency response service available 24/7: if you are in need of urgent medical assistance, simply press the red button and a distress call will be made.