The activities of the Service Énergie (Energy Department) are divided into two main areas:
- planning, realising and managing district heating networks and thermal power plants
- monitoring operations and systems maintenance
- marking out energy networks
- managing service calls
- acquiring and managing district heating customers
- invoicing district heating customers on a monthly basis
Management of energy-related activities
- energy balance
- climate agreement
- energy concepts (special development plans)
- energy assistance in real estate projects of the City (new constructions and energy renovations)
- consulting and outside efforts to raise awareness
- management of power plants
Connection to district heating
Combined production of heat and electricity with a very high energy yield, useful from both an ecological and an economic perspective
Energy-saving measures adopted by the City of Luxembourg
Energy-saving measures adopted by the College of the Mayor and Aldermen to reduce energy consumption in municipal buildings and facilities and in public spaces.
Protecting the climate and managing energy needs
The City of Luxembourg has put in place a set of measures to reduce energy consumption and climate impacts.
When carrying out construction work on public or private property, contractors must beware of any public utility cables and pipes that might be located on-site.