The Direction Ressources humaines (Human Resources Directorate) is in charge of managing Luxembourg City personnel. Its main activities are as follows:
- data recording, monitoring and checking for City personnel;
- management of wages and salaries;
- application of legal and regulatory provisions relating to personnel;
- work time management; and
- management of career brackets and promotions.
Development of human potential
- recruitment management (internal and external);
- management of changes and promotions;
- management of education: identification of needs, preparation of training plans, implementation of training programmes and evaluation of results, establishment of learning accounts; and
- recruitment and educational follow-up.
Prevention, health and diversity
- prevention of psychosocial issues and occupational illnesses;
- organisation of medical exams (recruitment and periodic testing);
- monitoring of occupational strengths and weaknesses, internal reclassification; and
- monitoring diversity at work and taking action to improve it.
The DRH also acts as a partner for the municipal departments on a whole series of initiatives, projects, and human resources problems.
"Affichons l'égalité" gender equality initiative
The City of Luxembourg pays tribute to a number of women from diverse backgrounds who have a special relationship with Luxembourg City. Six streets and one squa...
Facts and figures
Area of 51.73 km² (2% of the country's territory), 122,273 inhabitants as at 31 December 2019, excellent road and public transport networks connecting the city ...
Job vacancies at the City of Luxembourg
See our current vacancies
To meet the future needs of its ever-changing population, Luxembourg City is expanding and evolving on a daily basis. You too can be part of our city's growth a...