Information session:22 September 2022
Work to take place: End of October to start of November 2022
End of works: October 2024
Description of the issue/project
The City of Luxembourg has commissioned the consultancy firm Schroeder & Associés to draw up plans for the infrastructure upgrade works (sewerage, grid and roadworks) on Rue de Reckenthal (the CR230) between the municipal border of Strassen and Luxembourg City and the intersection of Rue de Reckenthal and Rue de Rollingergrund.
The works will take place in two phases:
- 1st phase: from the intersection of Rue de Reckenthal and Rue de Rolligergrund to the fork in the road in front of No. 24 (road to access the riding centre and the Police shooting range).
- 2nd phase: from No. 24 to the end of the work zone (No. 129).
- Sanitation works
- Works on the utility network
- Complete overhaul of the road infrastructure.
- Resurfacing of pavements using concrete paving blocks.
- Roadways will be narrowed at pedestrian crossings over a distance of 5.25 m.
- Parking strips will be built where there is sufficient space between private properties.
- Building of pedestrian crossings for persons with reduced mobility, and new bus stops.
Project launched by
City of Luxembourg