The college of the mayor and aldermen (collège des bourgmestre et échevins) is the City of Luxembourg's executive and administrative body. Its members are selected from among the municipal councillors. Sessions of the college of aldermen are chaired by the mayor and are not open to the public.
The college of the mayor and aldermen is responsible for the:
- publication and enactment of resolutions passed by the municipal council;
- administration of the City's assets;
- management of revenue;
- authorisation of expenditure;
- supervision of municipal finances and accounting;
- administration of municipal institutions;
- oversight of municipal works;
- City's legal actions;
- monitoring of municipal staff;
- control of the City's archives, etc.